I am from Rogers, Minnesota and am currently a second year student at Drake University. I am pursuing degrees in multimedia journalism and sociology, in hopes of one day being a TV broadcaster.
LinkedIn: Lauren Theisen
2021-Present: Drake University
- BA Multimedia Journalism
- BA Sociology
2017-2021: Rogers High School, 3.8 GPA
WHO 13 News (2022-Present)
- Position: News Producer
- Responsible for producing Today in Iowa Saturday and Today in Iowa Sunday. Skills acquired from this position include: stacking and writing a two hour show, coming up with innovative segment ideas, leading a team, timing the shows, and handling breaking news.
- Associate producer for “Hello, Iowa!,” Iowa’s premiere lifestyle TV show. Responsibilities include: managing guests, assisting in writing scripts, creating fullscreens and other graphics, and assisting with show presentation.
KCCI 8 News (2021-2022)
- Position: Camera Operator
- Responsible for filming the morning show, operating the teleprompter, communicating with the anchors and technical director, and managing the studio before, during, and following the show. Assisted in training new hires on the floor.
- Skills acquired from this position included: communication, working under pressure, and dealing with difficult situations on the spot.
Rogers High School (2021-2022)
- Position: Tutor for grades 9-12
- Responsible for helping 1-5 students per hour, ages 14-18 with classes they were struggling in. Classes included English 9 through advanced, low and upper level math, and electives.
- Skills acquired from this position included: leadership, assisting in communication between students and teachers, multitasking, and empathy.
Rogers High School One Stop DECA Shoppe (2018-2021)
- Position: Employee
- Responsible for designing and ordering new products, marketing, making weekly promotions and advertisements, assisting customers, and finding innovative ways to make a profit. Organized many pop-up shops with local businesses and used social media as a main marketing tool.
- Skills acquired from this position include: the ability to market to a target audience, design products that high school students would be interested in, and communicate with local businesses, the school board, staff, administration, and students.
Involvement and Leadership
Drake University Dean’s List 2021-2023
Kappa Kappa Gamma 2021-Present
- Vice President of Internal Affairs
- Standards Committee Board Member
Theatre Department 2017-2021
- Advisor (20-21)
- President (19-20)
- VP (18-19)
National Honor Society 2020-2021
Oral and written communication
Strong work ethic
Adobe Creative Cloud
ENPS News Production Programming